You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies in relation to cookies which are not necessary, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on our website or take full advantage of all of our offerings.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files placed onto your computer or mobile device by certain websites that you visit or e-mails that you open. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Where you consent to cookies on our Platforms we aim to give you a personalised and more streamlined online experience.
First and third-party cookies can be ‘persistent’ or ‘session’ cookies depending on their duration.
• Persistent Cookies remain on a user's device for the period of time specified in those cookies and are activated each time that user visits the platform that created the cookies, until the cookies expire or are disabled by the user.
• Session Cookies allow the actions of a user to be linked during a single browsing session. A session starts when a user opens a browser window and ends when the browser window is closed, following which all session cookies are deleted.
Our Platforms use both persistent and session cookies.
Cookies we use
We keep a record of all the cookies we use on our Platforms and some of the other similar technologies, such as web beacons and tracking pixels. We update this regularly.
These cookies are essential to making our website work correctly and to function as intended, and are necessary for the provision of the Service to you. For example, these cookies allow us to:
Provide services that you have asked for, such as access to secure logins and our transactional pages
Balance or limit traffic to section of our website to maintain consistent and reliable performance for all users
These cookies are necessary for the provision of the Service to you and we do not require your consent for use of these particular cookies. If you do not want us to collect such information, you must cease using our website immediately. By continuing to use our website, you accept that these necessary cookies are vital for provision of such services and will be placed on your browser as normal.
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services throughout Pelago and to use its features, such as granting you access to secure areas, and storing your website data collection preferences so that we can honor them when you return to our site.
These cookies make navigating our website easier for you, enhance your browsing experience, and allow for enhanced functionalities. For example, these cookies allow us to:
• Keep track of your Pelago Account details when you’ve logged in
• Remember your country and language preferences, and present content that is relevant to those preferences
• Remember any settings that you may have applied
• Provide enhanced functionalities such as videos or live chat
Although important to us, these cookies are non-essential to the use of the website. However, without these cookies, certain functionalities may become unavailable.
These cookies are used by Zendesk to provide live customer service chat functionalities on our platforms.
Performance and Analytics
These cookies help us understand how users access, navigate and perform transactions on our website so that we can provide a better browsing experience and improve on our services. For example, these cookies allow us to:
• Obtain information about the number of unique users, where they are located, and what browsers they are using
• Better understand the users of our website, in order to gain insights on our content and product offerings
• Test different design ideas for particular pages on our website
• Measure any errors that occur in order to improve on our website performance
• Conduct research and gather feedback on user satisfaction through surveys
These cookies gather insights about users’ behaviour on the website in order to control the frequency and relevancy of emails for those who have opted-in to receive them.
These cookies distinguish users, and stores and updates unique values for each page visited for the purposes of generating statistical data.
These cookies register a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how users interact with the website.
These cookies allow us to deliver content that is more relevant to you and your interests, including relevant marketing and up-to-date offers, on our website and certain other websites. For example, these cookies allow us and third parties to:
• Display relevant messages for products and offers you may be interested in, based on your viewing behaviour on our website and certain other websites
• Display our advertisements, and advertisements for other entities within our group of companies, which include Singapore Airlines Limited, Scoot Tigerair Pte. Ltd., Tradewinds Tours & Travel Private Limited and KrisShop Pte. Ltd. on our website and third party websites you visit
• Display appropriate advertising from third parties on our website
• Measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
• Limit the number of times you see targeted advertising
We may use these Cookies to remember websites you have visited, and we may share this information with third parties, including advertisers and our agencies.
These cookies are used by Google DoubleClick to serve targeted advertisements and to measure their effectiveness.
These cookies are used by Facebook to serve targeted advertisements and to measure their effectiveness
You may also refuse to accept cookies by changing the settings of your Internet browser. Refer to the links below for each browser’s guide on how to turn off or delete cookies.
You’ll find more information on behavioral advertising and about deleting or controlling cookies at:
• If you’re in the EU: aboutcookies.org and youronlinechoices.eu
• If you’re in the US: networkadvertising.org and aboutads.info
Online behavioural advertising
Online behavioural advertising is also known as interest-based advertising. It’s a way of serving advertisements that are more relevant to your interests on websites visited by you. Shared interests are grouped together based on your previous web browsing activity. This allows us to display advertising that is relevant and useful to you. Advertising can also be delivered to you based on the website content you’ve just been viewing. This is called retargeting.
When you visit our website and navigate to other websites, we may leverage the cookies we have in place and our partnerships with online advertisers and social media networks in order to serve you with targeted advertising about the SIA Group on these other websites and/or to limit the number of times you see a particular advertisement.
We collect certain types of information about you for such purposes including: IP address or other unique identifiers, mobile carrier, time zone setting, operating system and platform, information about your customer journey on the website or mobile application, page views, linger times, clicks and interactions.
Opting out does not mean that you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer serve you advertising that’s tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns. You may instead see more advertising that isn’t as relevant to your preferences.
Pelago DPO, Airline House
25 Airline Road
© 2023 Encounters Pte. Ltd. All rights reserved.
Travel Agent License: TA03351